There are more reasons than you may be aware of for making sure your website is constantly growing.
- When you continue to create fresh content for your website, it shows your readers that you care about them and gives you a way to show your personality, as you engage with your customers
- By having user focused content, you are able to engage with readers and customers that may not be in your usual off-line marketing channels
- It is well-known, that an important factor to improving your search engine ranking for specific keywords, is by providing continual new website content
Having a print mentality in the web industry is outdated.
- You no longer have to have everything ready as if it were a final print run. Changes can be made to your website after launch and as often as needed
- It is understandable that you must meet deadlines, however with a website, you are able to grow gradually over time. Small changes can be made easily and quickly within your website, unlike in the print world, where everything is set in stone
- In print, the colours you see are the colours you get. However the colours within your website may change slightly on different monitors or displays. It is important to understand the colours and tones on your website
Although a website may mean many things to different people, there is one philosophy that should remain central, that is, it must continue to improve, refine, extend, and adapt.
A new approach:
For instance, if you have been redesigning your website every three years, why not spend your budget in a slightly different way. Spread your budget out over time, instead of spending it all at one time. This will allow you to keep up with trends and not have an outdated website.
- You will have better control of your budget by spreading it evenly over time
- You will prevent your website from becoming stale, as it will be continually evolving
- As new technologies become available, you can make changes to your website, thereby keeping your site on the cutting-edge
- The needs of your customers and readers can quickly be adapted to
- Your goals will be achieved far quicker than before because your web team will understand your business needs and objectives and have a greater understanding of how to proceed by adapting to a constantly evolving environment
Utilise your web teams talents and your online marketing team to enhance your business and capture new trends and technologies as they occur. There is no reason for you to be three years behind. Instead of hiring once every three years, spread your cost out over time and have a website that is constantly evolving.
Photo: Image courtesy of Seth Anderson on Flickr